Franchising through different approaches including Business approaches (organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, management, marketing, management, strategy, etc.), Economics approaches (industrial economics, information and communication technology economics) and Law approaches (competition law, contract law). My recent research has dealt with the following aspects of franchising:
- organizational forms (franchising, company ownership, plural form, multi-unit franchising, micro & social franchising),
- chain management (organizational and technical know-how, franchisor/franchisees relationships, franchisees’ behavior),
- chain marketing (communication on websites, on social media, on activities linked to corporate social responsibility, customers’ satisfaction),
- chain development (franchisor’s communication to attract new franchisees),
- chain strategy (E-commerce, internationalization),
- unit and chain performance (financial and non-financial performance, efficiency, survival/failure),
- conflicts within chains (European regulation, risk of reclassification of franchise contracts).
My papers have been published (or are forthcoming) in Strategic Management Journal [CNRS 1*] ; Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice and Review of Economics and Statistics [CNRS 1] ; International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of the Operational Research Society and Recherche et Applications en Marketing [CNRS 2] ; Décisions Marketing, European Management Journal, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and Managerial and Decision Economics [CNRS 3] ; Economies et Sociétés and Management et Avenir [CNRS 4].