I am interested in franchising, retail and service chains through different approaches including Business (entrepreneurship, management, marketing, organizational behavior, strategy, etc.), Economic (industrial economics, information and communication technology economics) and Law (competition law, contract law).
My current research as well as teaching activities deal with the following topics:
- micro and social franchising (with a focus on emerging markets among which are African countries)
- organizational forms (franchising, company ownership, plural form, multi-unit franchising),
- chain management (organizational and technical know-how, franchisor/franchisees relationships, franchisee behavior),
- chain marketing (communication on websites, on social media, on activities linked to corporate social responsibility, customer satisfaction),
- chain development (franchisor’s communication to attract new franchisees),
- chain strategy (E-commerce, internationalization),
- unit and chain performance (financial and non-financial performance, efficiency, survival/failure),
- conflicts within chains (European regulation, risk of reclassification of franchise contracts).
My current positions are as follows:
IGR-IAE Rennes – University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Associate Professor (qualified to supervise doctoral research) (“Habilité à Diriger des Recherches (HDR)”), Marketing & Retailing Department, Graduate School of Management (IGR-IAE) (September 2006-; qualification in 2012).
Director of the MSc “Marketing – Franchising, Retail & Service Chains”, Graduate School of Management (IGR-IAE) (Group 1 “Management des Réseaux et de la Franchise” in apprenticeship (2008-); Group 2 “Franchising, Retail & Service Chains” with all classes in English (2012-)).
Vice-President of the Scientific Committee, Graduate School of Management (IGR-IAE) (2013-).
Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM UMR CNRS 6211), Rennes, France
Director of the Marketing & Management Department (2013-).
Coordinator for International Development (2012-).
Organizer of monthly workshops on « Franchising, Retail & Service Chains » (2013-).
International Society of Franchising